Tuesday, March 29, 2011

DOFFAY

So we talked about this artist Leigh Bowery in class the other day, and I must say I was taken aback by his work (then again I'm taken aback by this class). The video below is an example of Bowery's performance art. I like Bowery's performance art because he uses himself as the artwork, not just some random inanimate object. His choice of makeup and wardrobe are similar in insanity to that of Lady Gaga, which is another reason I love watching his performances because you never know what he's going to wear, and hence you never know how crazy he's gona look!!!! Bowery's performance also has a bit of creepiness to it because of the makeup he wears, and how it accentuates his facial expression. He also messes with the lighting a bit and the effect is amazing. At any rate, the video is right here for your enjoyment, so by all means, sit back, relax and enjoy!!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment