Thursday, January 20, 2011

First Post

My name is Patrick Ewing, and this is my blog. I am from Annapolis, Maryland and I am a Senior at the University of Tampa. I am an EMAT or New Media Production major. I chose this major because I love computers, and although I don't know exactly what I want to do yet, the major is broad enough that I can go pretty much any direction with it. After only the first class, Art 211 has blown my mind. I have never seen technology used in so many crazy ways. I have never been much of an artist, but I hope that this class can help me understand the ways in which the various media forms can be combined to make truly great pieces of art. I want to learn to think outside the box and to become more creative. I want to learn to think more like an artist.

Having taken Latin in high school, I knew that the Romans were technologically advanced for their time; I am still amazed to this day that they could have naval battles in the Colosseum. However I never fully understood how much of an impact their technology has impacted our society. It wasn't until class yesterday that the dots were finally connected and I started to truly understand the impact art can have on society. I guess there's a lot more to consider when making a work of art than I originally thought.

No comments:

Post a Comment